Sunday, January 16, 2011

The View

We're not really party animals around here. New Year's Eve isn't an exception. We were invited to spend the weekend in Salem, OR with some family. They love games and movies so it was a quiet weekend sitting at the game table watching football and movies.


When I think about Salem, I don't usually think about amazing mountain views and fabulous houses. That's what we got though!

I love older houses that have lots of quirks and character. The house we stayed at was one of those kinds of places. It also sits atop a hill on the west side of Salem.

From the living room (which has floor to ceiling windows all along one wall) you can see four mountains! From the kitchen you can see the state capitol building. On the evening we arrived, we were treated with an amazing sunset reflecting off of Mt. Hood.

All in all it was a fabulously relaxing weekend and we can't wait to do it again.

3 comments:

  1. Great shots! There are some surprisingly good views from high spots in this town. Looks like you got one of the best during your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing you meant to say 'kinds' of places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You mean my husband actually READS my blog?!?!?! LOL!
    I fixed the spelling error.

    ReplyDelete