Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Feelin' Great!

This time a week ago I was feeling pretty down. Even though I had been going to the gym, it wasn't consistent and I wasn't pushing myself very hard. I was having a hard time sleeping and I was just down mentally and spiritually.

After only one week of working out everyday (sometimes twice in a day), eating healthy food (with the exception of a bag of M&M's and a stiff drink one night) and doing my bible study I feel like a completely different person! I'm sleeping better and I have way more energy to do what needs to be done.

We weighed in tonight and I lost two whole pounds! I have to admit I'm a little disappointed because I worked SO hard and only lost two pounds, but I'll take what I can get. I have to keep reminding myself that it's the INCHES that matter, NOT the pounds.

I've gotten several comments over the last few days about how I look like I'm losing weight. That is WAY encouraging! People who didn't even know that I'm doing this Biggest Loser thing are noticing the changes. My clothes are getting loose enough that I will have to go shopping very soon for new pants. (Oh darn!)

I'm way more encouraged this time around than I was last time. It's so much fun to be doing this with my husband and sister! They keep me really accountable and add a really fun level of competition. I really appreciate everyone else's comments too, so thanks for your support y'all!

Here's this week's picture.

3 comments:

  1. Right on! That's really inspiring to read your story...keep up the good work! And keep blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! On Friday I'm signing up for TWO running events this spring... how about you? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to tell you in person, but I'll tell you now: You look absolutely amazing Jessica, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete