Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Disappointment

This week completely sucked for me. I had a really hard time motivating myself to get to the gym. Mind you, I sucked it up and still went, but it was hard.

I didn't have a perfect diet week, but it wasn't a total bust either. I had plenty of tempting morsels set before me that I pretended to not notice.

Then the biggest blow of all came when I stepped onto the scale at the gym tonight. You see, I don't own a bathroom scale. I hate them. I don't need to be reminded of how fat I am every morning. Ignorance is bliss right? WRONG!

I have been at this Biggest Loser thing for THREE WHOLE WEEKS and I've not even lost two whole pounds. Um... REALLY?!?!

As I set here staring at my completely pathetic bowl of soup, I'm really discouraged. I know in my head that this is good for me. I've already paid for the 8 week challenge, and I'm not going to throw in the towel, but it doesn't mean I'm happy about my results so far.

I appologize for the completely depressing blog post tonight. Hopefully next week is better.
Here's this week's picture! I finally got my Biggest Loser t-shirt!

5 comments:

  1. When I started working with a trainer at my gym, I gained 12 lbs and a pant size (all in muscle, though). I haven't given up, but I have decided that I know my own body better than anyone else. I lose the most weight (at any point in my life, pre-during-and post pregnancy) walking long distances. Not running, not lifting, WALKING. So don't get discouraged. Like people have been telling you, you're probably losing inches....have you measured?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't, but I noticed today that my bra fits better... because THAT'S where I want to lose inches right?! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely are losing inches. It's obvi in your pics. Seriously, look at them. Put them side by side if you must. It can get discouraging, and it's totally fine that you're discouraged this week. But it's great that you're not gonna give up. Even if you end up exactly the same at the end -- which won't happen -- you should be proud of yourself that you did this. Loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it in perspective! Muscle weighs more than fat. Tim was so disappointed when he was working out too, cause he wasn't "loosing" weight. But he was gaining these amazing muscles.
    This is why I hate scales, they truly don't measure health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely loosing inches! Everyone gets discouraged from time to time when loosing weight, that's normal. But like everyone before me has said keep it in perspective. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete