Friday, October 1, 2010

"The Grass is Greener"

In May my husband (bless his heart) decided our front "lawn" left something to be desired. His solution was to rip it out and replant. I disagreed, but told him he could do what he felt was best.




He rented a tiller and got after it.
After it was all tilled up, he skipped a couple steps and just threw some seed down, thinking it would be "good enough". He was wrong!






I tried not to nag about the weeds growing so tall. I was embarassed everytime someone asked me what was going on with our front yard, but I tried to explain that it was Eric's project and I was letting him deal with it.

Finally my brother, Kevin stepped in and said he was going to "help" Eric plant the lawn properly. Kevin is a bit of a freak about his lawn and it drove him crazy that our front yard looked like it did. *rolls eyes*

So, they started from scratch. Rekilling the weeds, and retilling the yard. Then last weekend they got several truckloads of compost spread over the yard and reseeded it. It looked a lot better! Even though it was still only dirt.


We've been dilligently watering the "dirt" twice a day. I've even gone out there and watered in the middle of the day if it looks dry. (It's supposed to be constantly "damp" for the first few weeks.)

Today when Eric went out to water, he came running in to tell me there was GRASS growing! I went out to see this so-called "grass" and sure enough, there it was!


I'm really excited that our front yard will finally look nice. Now, if we could only get the back yard under control...

1 comment:

  1. That'd totally be Tim, until he realized he didn't like to mow bumpy weeds:)

    ReplyDelete