Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lookin' Good!

This week has been pretty hectic for me. I still got my 6 workouts a week in though. I also celebrated my 30th birthday so of course there was food that didn't fit into my "diet".

I've gotten used to going to the gym and no longer stare at the equiptment wondering what I should do next.

I can feel my body getting stronger and I'm definately gaining endurance. When I started I could only walk on the treadmill and it wasn't a very brisk pace. Now I can run for an entire 30 minutes! I generally walk for 15 minutes on either end of that 30 minutes of running, but eventually I'll get up to running more.

My diet is still a bit of an issue. Being a busy mom, I have a hard time finding quick things to eat that also fit into that "healthy" category. I do my best though and make sure I take advantage of every second I have at the gym.

On Sunday I wore a black dress to church that I hadn't worn since the Harry Connick Jr. concert. It was a bit tight at the concert, but was loose on Sunday! Every person I talked to told me how great I looked. That made me feel fantastic!

Then tonight I got on the scale at the gym and discovered I'd lost TWO WHOLE POUNDS!!!!! WAHOOO!!!! That brings me up to about 4 pounds lost total. We're halfway through this challenge and I hope to lose a bunch more weight, but I'll be happy to drop dress sizes too! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment