Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Week 1 DOWN!!!

I should have posted this a week ago, but I haven't had time. I appologize.

Week one was rough. I feel like I worked out a lot. I was dilligent about working out at least an hour everyday. It was hard, let me tell you! After not doing any kind of excersize for several years, to jump in and start with an hour-a-day, 6 days a week was like torture! And I haven't even started on the diet end of things!

I decided in the beginning that I wasn't going to go on some crazy binge diet just to lose a lot of weight fast. I'm in it to make a lifestyle change.

After talking with my doctor, I've decided that 1,600 calories a day is a reasonable amount.

I've never been much of a calorie counter. In fact, I don't think I've EVER counted a calorie before this thing started! It was very eye-opening. I had NO idea how many calories I was consuming everyday!

I've learned that it's mostly snacking smart. I shop a lot differently now. There are always fruit and veggies in my refrigerator now. I look at the calorie content before I consume anything and am getting pretty good at staying below my daily allotted calorie intake level.

This is my second week picture. At the weigh-in on Tuesday, I was exactly the same weight. I was disappointed at first, but I'm not letting it get me down.

My team is very supportive and encouraging. It's nice having that kind of support system! When one of us is pooping out on the treadmill, we cheer each other on. It's pretty fun!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, if you compare this pic with the "before," you have thinned out. Look at the before, then look at this one again. You can see it. Good job! And keep wearing the same outfit for your pics so they're easier to compare. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete