Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Wild Hair"

I love to paint. Paint walls that is. I'm pretty good at it too. I don't tape... ever because I have the ability to paint a really straight line. Whether it be along the ceiling or on the trim, I can make the lines straight.

Every time one of my family members paints a room in their house, they call me to come cut in the edges or do the trim for them. I'm okay with this because it usually means I get paid in food (which I love) and it's a nice boost to my ego. They won't even try to do it themselves, they just call the "expert"!

Well, after spending lots of time in the last year painting other people's houses, I got what my mom likes to call a "wild hair" to spruce up my own house. I had been saying since we moved in that I was going to paint the office. Our office/craft storage/guest room was a "lovely" shade of orange. Everything from the walls to the carpet was the same color. I happen to hate orange.

So I called up my good friend Matt, who works for a local paint company to see if he could hook me up. He could! YEA!

Here's the before picture:

This was supposed to be a pretty inexpensive project. Just painting the walls. We'd replace the orange carpet later. Then Eric walked into the room after I had painted the walls and said, "That carpet has GOT to go!" I was perfectly happy to agree with him.

So off I went to look at flooring. I got another screamin' deal on flooring, thanks again Matt! We got the old carpet out and the beautiful new flooring in with the help of some friends. I finished painting the trim and Eric helped me move everything back into the room.


It looks so nice now and even though it ended up being more expensive than we anticipated, it was worth it. We will be installing the same flooring in the rest of our house later this year because we love it SO much!

Here's the after picture:

So if you ever need someone to paint really straight edge lines for you, I will work for good coffee!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to look at this the other day. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! For the record, a table saw is MUCH easier to use than a circular reciprocating---less room for error with the straight lines.

    ReplyDelete