Thursday, May 12, 2011

"You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown"

I haven't written a blog in a month! It's not for lack of subjects to write about. In fact, I've tried to sit down and write several times, but everything I write seems to come out awful. I've been really busy too, which doesn't help. And on top of all of that, I'm dealing with several personal and very emotional issues right now that it's hard to sift through my mind and find things that are appropriate to write about. I think I've found a subject though and I even have pics to go with it! YEA! Here goes...

I was asked to play in the pit orchestra for North Clackamas Christian School's production of "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown". I'd never seen the show or even heard the music, but I know from first hand experience that playing in a pit orchestra is really awesome! (I know, I know, my inner band geek is showing... tuck it back in.) I gladly said yes and dusted off my flute and took it to the "wood shed" for some good practice time.

This show is actually quite good and if you've never seen it, I highly recommend it. The music is great and the show is pretty funny on the whole.



Today I feel like Charlie Brown...

"Oh how could there possibly be one small person as thoroughly, totally, utterly blah as me."

It seems like everything I've done or said lately is all wrong. You know how you have times when you feel like the world is against you? Yeah, that's been me lately. But...

"You have the distinction to be no one else but the singlular, remarkable, unique Charlie Brown!"

AND...

"You're a good man, Charlie Brown! You're the kind of reminder we need. You have humility, nobility and a sense of honor that is very rare indeed!"


While I may feel like a failure, I know that on the whole I'm a good person. (I can hear my mother saying something about the total depravity of man right about now... but you get my point.) I try my hardest in most areas and for the most part I do a pretty good job at the tasks I am put to. Like Charlie Brown, I just have to get over my own complexes. And yes, there are many! ; )

Playing in the "pit" was a great experience for me, especially since I've not had many opportunities to play lately. (If you need a flute player, for ANYTHING, give me a call!) I will miss the music and the wonderful people I worked with. I look forward to the possibility of more experiences just like this one!
















Everyone knows you can't play in a pit orchestra without a Slurpee and a lava lamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment