Thursday, April 7, 2011

Scatter-brained

When I was in school I had it all together. I mean schedule-wise. You could ask me what I was doing in a month or even TWO months and I'd generally know, and probably have it written on a calendar somewhere. I used to be crazy organized and actually PLAN my life out. (shocker, I know.) My teachers, co-workers and friends could all confirm that too.

That's no longer my life. It pains me greatly to say it too because as OCD as it was, I like knowing what's around the corner. I hate having my husband come to me at dinner time and ask what we're having and responding, "I hadn't thought of it. What do you want?" EVERY NIGHT!

It's gotten bad lately too. My mom noticed it the other day when we were preparing for a baby shower. My only job was the games. I normally would have had them all done and put in a nice box together along with all the prizes and supplies I'd need. But we spent a lot of extra time we didn't have finishing them up. She commented on how strange it was that I was so disorganized.

Today I not only missed my son's doctor appointment completely (because I thought it was at another time), but I triple booked myself for activities tonight. I'm not sure I've ever done that.

I'm so frustrated with myself.

The problem is, I don't know how to make my life more organized. Maybe someday when I don't have children hanging on me every second of every day I'll have my life more together... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment