Saturday, July 24, 2010

Let's Go Fly A... Plane?

My friend George is a pilot. He offered to take some of us for a flight around the city. I thought that sounded like fun! So today my other friend Nathan and I met George at the Troutdale Airport for our flight. George flies a little four seater (172) airplane.














Now, I should tell you that I was already nervous about this flight because I wasn't sure if I'd get motion sickness. I asked George and he said nobody had ever gotten sick in the plane. He said there were some people who had felt a little nauseous, but never actually throw up. Sounded good to me! I didn't bother with the Dramamine... big mistake!

Our plan was to fly over Crown Point then over to the Milwaukie area so we could see our houses from the sky.

I took several pics of the mountains surrounding the Portland area and Crown Point. Then as we got close to Milwaukie, I started feeling sick. I concentrated on my breathing like George told us to. But when I reached for my camera to take another shot, I noticed my hands weren't working properly and they were all tingly. I mentioned this to George, and he said that's something that happens when you're nervous. He told me to take some deep breaths.

Didn't work... Just as we flew over our house, I started throwing up. It was bad for a few minutes, but I recovered and was able to enjoy the rest of our trip. George decided we needed to go back to the airport (which I was thankful for). So our flight was cut a little short.

Now I know NOT to leave the Dramamine at home! Here's a pic of me with my "souvenir". (Nathan insisted that I needed a pic of it.) I've never been more thankful for those little plastic sacs in my life!









1 comment:

  1. Um, you're crazy. I do not fly. Period. I don't think they have a bag for - gonna pee my pants. Oiyh.

    ReplyDelete