Friday, July 9, 2010

For the Love of Books

I'm sure you've already met them, but in case you're new, these are my twin sons. Daniel and Taylor are five-years-old. They will be going into kindergarten this coming fall. Oh, did I mention, they can already read? That's right! I'm a proud mama!

Because I home school, Daniel and Taylor are always around when I do school work with Ethan, my seven-year-old. Naturally they wanted in on the "fun". So, I got some preschool workbooks for them to do while I worked with Ethan. To my great surprise, they blew through all their preschool work and half of their kindergarten work in one school year!

Being an avid reader myself, I hope to pass that love of books onto my children. I was almost moved to tears when I came around the corner the other night and witnessed this precious scene! Can I say it again? Those are MY five-year-old boys, READING!!! (Please excuse my pride!) ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment