Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Coolest Aunt!

I have two sisters and two brothers. They are all married which means I have two sisters-in-law and two brothers-in-law as well. So really I have four sisters! We are always talking about who the "coolest Aunt" is... It's never me.

That's probably because I'm organized and not very spontaneous. (Oldest Child Syndrome) It's hard work being a mom, let alone having to worry about being the "Coolest Aunt" too! But yesterday I had my moment.

It was a very hot day and after feeding breakfast to my 3 boys, 3 nieces and 1 nephew we went to the park. On our way home from the park I got a genious idea!

We stopped at the local Fred Meyer and picked up 375 water balloons and a hose attachment to fill them.


I got right to work when we got home. I filled at least half of the balloons and had them in a big plastic bin. After lunch the kids all went out to the grass and had a huge free-for-all water balloon fight! It was hillarious to watch!

We finished up with fudgesicles all around. (Very cool)

They had a great time, and while I know the "Coolest Aunt" title won't remain mine for very long, (I believe it's already been passed on.) I was definately in possession of it yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment