Thursday, April 29, 2010

Trilliams

Trilliams are beautiful flowers that grow all over in the forest. We were always told never to pick them though. Once picked it takes them seven years to produce another flower. You must know, I only know this because someone told me. I've never actually researched it for myself.

The house that my parents bought from my grandmother had trilliams growing in the yard. My Mom told me that they were brought by my Grandmother, from her previous house. When my parents sold their house, my Mom dug the trilliams up and took them with her.

I love these little flowers. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because they're so simple and delicate. Maybe it's because they remind me of my Mom and Grandma. I can't say really. I just love them! We came across several on our hike the other day.


1 comment:

  1. I clicked on the picture and it was huge! Then I clicked again and it was huge...er! Once again, depth of field brings your attention to a particular focal point. Nice!

    ReplyDelete