Monday, November 29, 2010

"Crazy Runners"

I've always sort of made fun of runners. Not because I don't like them, but because I have always thought running measured very close to torture.

I mean, think about it. Why on earth would you willingly run somewhere when you could, oh I don't know, walk, bike or heck, DRIVE?

What can I say? I'm lazy and not ashamed to admit it. That is until I noticed the ill effects of my laziness. YIKES!

If you're a follower of my blog, you know that I've been doing this Biggest Loser thing. I started off walking on the treadmill because that's really all I could do. Then it got to a point where I wasn't working hard enough anymore. The next logical step was to run.

Really? Do I have to?

I've been running consistently on the treadmill and the street for about 5 weeks. I still don't love it, but I sure love the effects!

A friend of mine talked me into running a 10k (6.2 miles) on Thanksgiving day. At first I thought she was crazy, but then I figured it would be a good way to burn those Thanksgiving Day calories. So I registered.

This is us crossing the finish line!












It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. We took it slow and steady. I think we were one of the last people to finish, but the point is WE FINISHED! I am very proud of that. 6.2 miles may not seem like much, but for someone who has never liked running, it was a big accomplishment. In fact, I'm thinking of framing my race number... ; )




Who knows, maybe you'll see me in the Portland 1/2 Marathon this year!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You're my new hero! I've also wanted to run a race, win or not...That's awesome. Who knows, you may end up liking it. I hear most runners hate it anyway, it's the after feeling that's addicting.

    ReplyDelete