Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Most Amazing Soap!

Several years ago, my friend Susan started a soap company. It's called Greenfield Soap Co. http://www.greenfieldsoap.com/ She makes all her soaps in small batches and will all natural ingredients.

My children and I have always had mildly sensitive skin and it never ocurred to me that it would be improved by switching soaps. Even after Susan told me that I should try her soap I still didn't do it right away. Then I started changing diapers all day long...

There was a short time when I had 3 boys in diapers all at once. *shudders*
I was spending a large chunk of my day changing said diapers and of course washing my hands after the fact. My hands were like snake skin that year.

I still didn't even think about switching my soap until I recieved a bar of Susan's soap at a baby shower as a prize or something. I'm not about to let something go to waste, so when I ran out of my precious anti-bacterial soap I stuck the homemade bar at the sink in it's place.

We've been using "Susan's Soap" (as it's called in this house) for probably 5 years. We use it at all the sinks and in all the showers. It's just that good!

In the last 5 years we've been healthier than ever. Of course we get the occasional cold or stomach bug, but in general it's obvious to me that we have stronger immune systems. (It does help that I'm a hand-washing-nazi too!) Our skin is not nearly as dry as it once was either. AND we haven't had trouble with eczema since switching soaps.

I'm not saying that you should go replace all the soap in your house, but if you're not happy with the liquid anti-bacterial stuff, give Greenfield Soap Co. a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment