Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh, Harry!

About two months ago, I learned that Harry Connick Jr. was coming to town. I love his music and tried to talk my husband into letting me go. He looked at the tickets online and we were shocked at how expensive they were. He decided we couldn't afford it. At that point I just sorta put it out of my head.


Then last week I got a text from my friend saying she'd found a screamin' deal on Harry tickets on Craigslist and did I want to go. Um... YES PLEASE!!!



The tickets were still sort of expensive, but I had just done someone's senior pictures and he happened to pay me the exact amount I'd need for the ticket! Eric rolled his eyes and said I could go! WOO HOO!!!




My friend, Micah and I were giddy with excitement through the whole weekend. She picked up the tickets, we made our plans and FINALLY it was time for the concert!



We were so excited that we read the time of the concert wrong and arrived over an hour early. Oops. So we hung out in the lobby at the Schnitz until they would let us into the auditorium. Then we anxiously sat in our seats staring at our watches waiting for 7:30 to get here!




FINALLY the lights went down and the curtain went up and there he was, with his sexy voice, singing me a love song! Oh, Harry!


















It was an amazing concert! The talent in the room was amazing because of course, it's not just Harry, he has a fantastic group of sickningly talented musicians behind him. We were blown away. Not only was the music awesome, but Harry was really funny. He had us rolling in laughter!


It was a great experience and I will do my best to get tickets if he ever comes back to town! For now I have to settle for listening to him on my ipod. I wonder if he needs a flute player...

Until next time Harry!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have to dress up for concerts?! What a fun girls night out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't HAVE to, but I generally do cuz it's fun and I never have a place to wear a dress.

    ReplyDelete