Friday, September 3, 2010

"Knuckleberries"??

The boys asked if we were going anywhere after church on Sunday. I told them that Nana, Grandpa and Grandma were coming over to go pick huckleberries with us. Nobody really said anything for a while, they were just sort of thinking about what that meant.

Then all of the sudden, Daniel pipes up and says,

"Mama? Have I ever had a knuckleberry?"

I laughed SO hard! I told him that it was a "H-H-huckleberry" and no, he hadn't ever had one.

Once my parents and Grandma got here I told them what Daniel had said. Of course they all thought it was hillarious. They will be called "knuckleberries" for as long as I live!

After we picked all our berries, we were eating our dinner at the van. I turned to Daniel to give him his sandwich and was faced with this:


I asked if he'd eaten all of his knuckleberries. He laughed and said, "No Mama!" Because I couldn't see the evidence all over his face?

No comments:

Post a Comment