Sunday, September 5, 2010

Are You Jealous? Cuz You Should Be!

In The Dalles, Oregon there's a little coffee shop called Holstein's. I'm not sure how my family came across this place, but it was probably happened upon when we were on our way up to visit my grandparents.

I don't know a whole lot about the place except that they have GREAT coffee. Especially their Mexican Smoothies! I'm not even sure why they're called "Holstein's". And really, I don't care! Did I mention the amazing coffee?

Every year, my Dad's family has a reunion up at a park in The Dalles. We always make sure to stop on our way up to the reunion for our Mexican Smoothies. And since they're still open when we are on our way home, we stop a second time for another round! The staff usually looks at us strange, but they never remember us by the next year.

So, you're wondering, "what is a Mexican Smoothie?" Well, if you've never had one, you're MISSING OUT! It's like any other mocha type smoothie you'd get at your regular coffee joint except that it has these spices in it. I'm not sure what they are... cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves? All of the above? What I do know is that it's delicious! Of course they're SO bad for you, but we only get them once a year so why not pack on the calories, right?

We look forward to our annual Mexican Smoothie Fix every year. This year I get to have them two weeks in a row because I'll be taking the boys up to spend the weekend with my grandparent's next weekend! And you know, Holstein's just HAPPENS to be on the way to their house... bummer...

Do you want to know how to get there? When you're headed east on I-84, take exit 85 and turn left. After that, just follow the signs to Holstein's Coffee Co. You won't be sorry!

This is me drinking my FABULOUS smoothie. Are you jealous? Cuz you should be! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment