Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sick and Tired

This weekend was beautiful in the Portland area. Highs in the 50's and sunny.

All over Facebook and blogland my friends were talking about their outdoor activities. They were all soakin' up that wonderful vitamin D that us pasty Northwesterners so often lack. I heard stories about running in the park, playing at the beach, snowboarding on the sunny mountain, riding bikes through beautiful scenic Oregon and riding just down the street for gelato. (Because you know, in Oregon 50 degrees means it's warm enough for gelato!)

You wanna know what I did all weekend? I know you're dying to know...

Well I did some running of my own... I ran a FEVER!!

That's right folks, I spent my entire beautiful, sunny, Portland weekend laid up on the couch sicker than I'd been in years. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was that sick. (You know you're really sick when you have no desire to check your Facebook!) My lovely son gave everyone strep throat. I've had lots of nasty things in my lifetime and this has to be in the top 5. (Also on the list: Pneumonia, and any sort of puking)

You never really appreciate how well your body works until it doesn't work anymore. I can tell you that swallowing is a very important bodily function. I bet you don't know how many times you swallow during the course of the day. Well I do, because everytime I swallow I get this lovely stab of pain in the back of my reddened, swollen throat.

We stocked up on applesauce, soup, pudding, ice cream, popsicles and Jell-O. (Which is great for my diet. *rolls eyes*) As well as all sorts of medications, in both over-the-counter and perscription varieties.

We're on the mend. I think this will be our last day holed up in this house. (You can imagine the mess... UGH!) And now that we're getting better, it's supposed to snow this week. GEEZ!

4 comments:

  1. It sucks that you guys are sick, but omg am I glad I didn't come over Friday. I become under the weather anyway, but it's not bad. Feel better, Banisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! You know, strep is "the gift that keeps on giving." I always hate saying "get well soon," as if you weren't already doing everything within your power to do just that. So instead I'll just say that I'm sorry! I look forward to happier blogposts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly! I didn't realize until now that my posts have been a little down lately. Sorry about that. I've had a rough couple weeks. I'll explain it all in a blog soon and you'll all understand.

    ReplyDelete