Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Banister's First Road Trip #3

We were determined to get on the road bright and early Sunday morning because we wanted to do the Oregon Caves. We loaded everything up and continued on Hwy 199 until we reached Hwy 46.

This is where we turned off to make our way to the caves. As you know, I have a hard time turning down a photo opportunity. Eric is very patient with me when I get the urge to slam on the breaks and yank over to the side of the road so I can whip out the camera. The boys are less patient though...

On our way up to the Oregon Caves, I suddenly got said urge. We stopped so I could get out and snap a few pics. After the editing, (mostly just changing the tint of the pic) this is what I got. I think the B&W makes it more dramatic. This will be printed, framed and hung in my house! I'm just that proud of it!

After my photography appetite was subdued, we continued on the very curvy steep road to the Oregon Caves National Monument.

I had been to the caves when I was younger, but this was Eric and the boy's first time. I was very excited to share this with them! We paid the fee and waited for our turn on the tour. The boys made sure they could climb the 500+ stairs on the tour.






We were all amazed by the wonderful formations in the caves. The boys enjoyed being the only ones that didn't have to duck under every rock.





After our cave experience it was onward to the Redwood Forest. We got back out to Hwy 199 and continued south into California. Everyone was so excited when we crossed the border! We took Hwy 199 all the way into Cresent City, CA.

This is where we got back onto Hwy 101 and drove about 15 minutes into the Mill Creek Campground. Where we spent the next three nights.

2 comments:

  1. Ansel Adams would be proud of that black and white shot!
    Clark Griswold would be proud of that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Thanks! I promise I haven't forgotten to post blogs for the rest of our trip. My priorities are out of whack just now... (translation: I'm too lazy!)

    ReplyDelete