Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dinosaurs say "RAWR"

My twin sons, Daniel and Taylor turned five just after Christmas, so we threw a birthday party for them last Saturday. I don't like to throw your conventional Chuck E. Cheese or McDonald's parties, so a home party was my solution. I struggled with a theme though... then it hit me... DINOSAURS!!! The boys LOVE dinosaurs!

I found two different dinosaur cakes that were absolutely fabulous! The one on the bottom actually jumped out at you and roared!







We decorated "dinosaur eggs", (egg shaped sugar cookies) and we had an excavation in our garage. I burried (with Eric & Jacki's help) piles of little toys in sand and stuck a small paint brush in the pile. The kids brushed off the sand and found all their toys! They loved it!
















I had a lot of fun planning it all! When all is said and done, Daniel and Taylor loved their dinosaur party and will hopefully remember it for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment