Monday, June 6, 2011

Hiking Silver Falls State Park

Silver Falls State Park is the biggest state park in Oregon. I think it's also one of the most beautiful! Even in the rain. I believe there are 10 waterfalls and you can hike a loop that takes to past each one.



On our scuba camping trip we hiked a smaller loop that took us past just a few falls. We had small children with us that tend to complain after walking only a mile. Our loop was about 3 miles and we saw 3 waterfalls.





Twin Falls was the first one. I didn't get a great pic of it though.





North Falls was the second and biggest. We actually got to walk behind it and the kids thought that was really cool.









We stopped for a snack/water break at the halfway point. Some of us ate our snacks so quickly that we had time to goof around.


















My brother-in-law, Dave was particularly hungry though.




The final waterfall was Winter Falls. This one was just after our farthest point on the hike.



I also captured a few pictures of the plantlife. I didn't have much time because the kids were running ahead and I didn't want to get left in the dust (or mud).




I think this one is my favorite picture of the scenery. Butt Crack Rock???? We all laughed when we passed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment